We have with us today the wonderful author, Maggie West. Maggie is a woman after my own heart writing several series in different genres. West is the author of the Antique Pickers in Paradise cozy mystery series and the Lily Thistle cozy mystery series, the Doorways to the Past time travel series, and several romance books. When she’s not reading or writing, she loves to craft and sew, keep her kitten out of trouble (oh boy, good luck with that!), and take walks where she dreams up new stories.
I certainly appreciate your time, Maggie. Let’s get started!
1. Let’s start with something fun. What’s your favorite hobby?
I love looking for treasures at yard sales, thrift stores, and estate sales. I particularly love to find vintage items, like linens, kitchenware, and just anything that strikes my fancy.
2. If you had the opportunity—who would you like to spend an afternoon with and why?
I’d love to spend 10 minutes with Martin Short. A whole afternoon? Yeah! He’s a hoot and a half! I know it would be a fun afternoon since I’d spend it laughing.
3. Coffee, tea, soda or something else?
Coffee. Definitely coffee. I sometimes drink warm herbal tea on cold nights. I gave up soda several years ago and now the stuff tastes awful to me!
4. What are you working on right now?
The third book in my antique pickers cozy mystery series. It’s tentatively called Picked On.
5. How would you describe your writing style?
Straightforward with a touch of humor.
6. Do you have any advice for a person just beginning their writing career?
Keep writing. Like with anything else, the more you practice, the better you get.
7. Do you immerse yourself in new situations for writing ideas or do your ideas come to you through your normal, day-to-day life?
I get lots of good ideas from watching people and listening in on conversations. So in a sense I find new ideas by being out and about, but I don’t purposely seek out experiences so I can write about them. They seem to come about from my own experiences and being observant.
8. Where can we find you on the interwebs?
Well I certainly appreciate finding new cozy mystery and time travel stories. Thank you so much, Maggie.
Readers, I hope you take the time to visit Maggie’s lovely pages and give her a lot of support. Thank you so much for being with us today.