Today’s author is L. H. Whitlock, a SciFi author. Here’s a little bit about her.
L. H. Whitlock began her writing adventure when she moved to Colorado with her husband. She has always loved stories and has been an avid reader for most of her life. Her fascination with science and astronomy started in school and only grew as the years went on. Most of her inspiration comes from day to day interactions as well as movies, game’s and articles. When not writing, Whitlock is playing with her two dogs, Skip and Peaches, or running and kick boxing at the gym.
So now that we know a little about you, let’s talk!
1. Let’s start with something fun. What’s your favorite hobby?
Besides writing, my favorite hobby is kick boxing or taking my pups to the park.
2. If you had the opportunity—who would you like to spend an afternoon with and why?
One of my favorite authors is Christine Feehan. I would love a chance to chat with her and pick her brain.
3. Coffee, tea, soda or something else?
I love my coffee, especially a vanilla latte.
4. What are you working on right now?
I’m currently working on polishing up my next release, the first book in The Miners of Zalma series. It’s due to be released at the end of June/ early July.
5. How would you describe your writing style?
I mix lots of action with some spicy romance. I also like throwing in a few twists to keep readers on their toes.
6. Do you have any advice for a person just beginning their writing career?
My advice is to keep writing. It can be hard to keep pushing forward and learn, especially if you run into a harsh critique. So, no matter how hard it is, or how terrible someone makes you feel, keep writing. Critique groups also helped me learn a lot about writing and push me to keep coming out with new stuff.
7. Do you immerse yourself in new situations for writing ideas or do your ideas come to you through your normal, day-to-day life?
Most of my ideas come from documentaries, science articles or places on earth. I am always reading for inspiration.
8. Where can we find you on the interwebs?
Thank you, L.H. for a lovely chat.
Readers, to find more L. H. Whitlock, please visit her pages.