I’d like to welcome Colleen Cross to my blog today. Colleen Cross writes page-turning thrillers and fun, cozy mysteries. She lives with her family on the West Coast. When she’s not writing, she loves to run, hike, and explore with her rescue dog Jaeger, who reminds her daily that life’s too short to not follow your dreams–or a squirrel or two. Her books are international bestsellers and have been translated into multiple languages with more to come.
I’m sure we’ll have fun today. Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Let’s start with something fun. What’s your favorite hobby?
I like to run and hike with my dog, Jaeger. We have fun wearing each other out. 🙂
2. If you had the opportunity—who would you like to spend an afternoon with and why?
Agatha Christie. Aside from her talent as a mystery writer, she was extremely successful as a businesswoman in an era where women didn’t work. It would be fascinating to get her perspective on things.
3. Coffee, tea, soda or something else?
4. What are you working on right now?
I am writing books 3 and 4 of a humorous witch cozy mystery.
5. How would you describe your writing style? Do you have any advice for a person just beginning their writing career?
Read lots on the craft, join a critique group and write as much, and as regularly, as you can. Practice makes perfect. I would also advise someone just starting out to research their genre by studying bestsellers. You can write what you love, but you also want to be able to see it. There’s a way to do both if you study the market.
6. Do you immerse yourself in new situations for writing ideas or do your ideas come to you through your normal, day-to-day life?
I am never short of ideas. I probably have 3-4 ideas a day for different books. Plotting and writing it out is where the real work is for me.
7. Where can we find you on the interwebs?
You can find me here:
Thank you so much Colleen. Both of your series sound like a lot of fun. Dear readers, please visit her website at www.colleencross.com and sign up for her twice-yearly private newsletter to hear about new releases and exclusive subscriber-only offers. You can also connect with her on social media: Twitter: @colleenxcross or find her on Goodreads.